Our goals and results for Q4:
Goal: Deliver a clear and undeniable value to the pilot customers
Result: Vessel increased the Average View Time on posts by 2mins - Achieved
Goal: Convert at least 3/5 pilot customers into paying customers.
Result: Vessel converted all pilot users into paying customers - Achieved
"Vessel was super easy to implement and continues to provide us with clearer insight into how our readers are interacting with our content." - 365 Things Austin
Looking at what we've proven through the data and customer feedback, I am highly optimistic about what lies ahead in 2019. Take a strong look at our three-year plan. With 3.6K monthly interactions (active users or engaged viewers), Vessel is becoming a true media company - one that includes a repeatable and scalable revenue model.
What we do: Vessel is a visually-rich engagement tool for digital content publishers. We drive engagement and increase revenue by converting publisher-generated lists and guides into interactive maps. HERE is a live example of our product in action.
- Facebook API - Equivalent to obtaining a government security clearance. Now we just need to complete the build.
- Meetings set with - Resy, D Magazine, GoEuro, and Group Nine Media
- Inked a pilot partnership with the FoodieTribe. (Customer Acquisition Channel)
- Aaron Allen, Vessel Dev Captain moving to Part-time.
- We've built controls that will allow Vessel's non-technical staff to sustain the platform.
- John Best (Vessel CTO) will oversee the transition and pick up
John Best (Vessel CTO) will oversee the transition and pick up the pace where needed.
- Publishers: 28 ^460% from Q3 18'
- Active Campaigns: 44
- Monthly Engaged Users: 3,600
- Avg Engagement Rate: 6.5% for reference, the avg engagement rate for Retail, Food and Lifestyle content on Instagram is 3.8-4.1%
Our Focus: A. Increase speed of campaign creation. B. Acquire customer monetization opportunities.
- Done: Google Places Integration: Offers the user a pre-populated suggestion of venue locations indexed via Google MyBusiness - A
- Done: Map Editor: Allows the user to preview map prior to the post's install - A
- Doing: Internal Dashboard improvements: Offering the ability to dissect by date range. A/B
- Doing: Facebook/Instagram Integration: API access was approved. HERE is a screencast of the integration. A
- To Do: Become an affiliate for OpenTable or Resy platform - B
- To Do: Hire interns to assist with Publisher Development - B
- Headcount: 2FT / 2PT
- Interns: Looking for two interns: Digital Marketing/Growth and a Marketing Analyst. A pair of interns have been identified and will be brought in for interviews this week.
- Next FT Hires: 1 Web Apps Dev, 1 Account Executive, and 1 (FT) ux/ui product designer.
Cumulative Funding for Vessel Plugin.
- Angel: $130,000
- Seed: $500,000
- Timing: End of June
- Structure: Convertible Note
- Digital media/content marketing
- Media-Tech (content marketing, advertising technology, influencer marketing, etc) contacts to develop personal relationships for Vessel.
- Strategic Investors - Looking to open new conversations as we approach our seed round (Q2/3).
See updated business plans be
Airion Watkins-Clark | Vessel CEO