What You Need to Know
Every year mobile video consumption increases by 100%. Video is no longer just one component of an overall marketing strategy, rather it is central to all outreach and campaign efforts. Research suggests that 80% of consumers prefer video to written content, and 87% of consumers want to see more video from brands in 2019. As consumer demand for branded video content increases, marketers everywhere continue to develop and perfect their video marketing strategies. However, a perfected video marketing strategy doesn’t necessarily mean perfected video content.
In a recent study released by Buffer, the researchers state, “We found that in many cases, organic DIY videos outperformed polished videos...and that smartphone imagery [is] up to 2x more effective at capturing [...] viewer’s attention.” Hence, video production is more cost effective than ever. No longer do you need state-of-the-art filming equipment, editing software, or even a studio. Brand audiences are now much more concerned with authenticity.
Acquiring DIY video content for your marketing strategy doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, an easy way to augment or begin building your video content repository is to leverage your Instagram Stories Archive.
How to Access Your Archived Instagram Stories (iOS)
How to Access Your Archived Instagram Stories (Android)
- Go to your profile page on Instagram.
- For iOS, press the “Open Archive” button. For Android, press the archive icon (clock button, top right).
- There, you’ll be able to toggle between archived stories and posts.
- You can tap on any story in your archive to watch it.
- From there, you can decide to add it as a highlight to your profile, add parts of it to your current story, or share a highlight as a post.
• • •
To learn more about organic DIY video content, check out our Deeper Thoughts section. If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us or leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!